"The Blackout" starts with Chowder blowing out all the power in Marzipan City trapping Mung and Shnitzel inside a giant blender while Shnitzel has the toots. So he and Gorgonzola must go to The Tower o' Power while Avoiding the weirdos who only come out during blackouts to save Mung from Shnitzel and his deadly farts.
- Gumbo makes a brief cameo in the background of this episode.
- Panini and Ms. Endive make two brief cameos in this episode.
- Gorgonzola breaks the fourth wall when tells Chowder, "Leave me out of your silly cartoon!"
- We learn that Gazpacho is a certified weirdo.
- The weirdos make their first appearance in this episode and are never seen again.
- Marzipan is, in a sense, lit up by Gorgonzola's flame. Which renders candle holders not so useless after all.
- Gazpacho "Weirdo" ID expired 6 minutes ago in this episode. This could mean it expired just as we started watching this episode.
- Even though Gazpacho is a wierdo, and they come out during blackouts, Gazpacho is usually out selling his fruit during the day.
- Gazpacho says he has webbed feet
- Chowder's nose is purple in this episode instead of pink.
- When the blackout started, Gazpacho was still at his fruit stand. At the middle of the episode, Gazpacho could be seen at the middle of the street and then later surrounded by weirdos. When the lights come back on, he pops back up to his stand. This may be a goof.
- There's a corpse prank.
- Chowder's dark side, Baskncat, is revealed. Baskncat was seen in the episode attacking Gazpacho because he is a weirdo.
- Mung and Shnitzel are, at first, holding brooms and wearing goggles. Once Chowder causes the blackout, they aren't seen wearing or holding them.