|Age||500 (born January 8, 1513)|
|Affiliations|| Shnitzel (Employee) |
|Introduced in||"The Froggy Apple Crumple Thumpkin"|
|Latest appearance||"Chowder Grows Up"|
|Voiced by||Dwight Schultz|
Born on 8 January 1513, the childhood of Mung Daal is mostly unknown, enough flashbacks have revealed that his mentor was Lo Mein. Said flashbacks also proved that he's always been as he calls himself a "ladies' man" and since he was still small and adorable, it worked for him. Prior to becoming a chef, he married Truffles. and the two have been married for 450 years. They were married on March 6, 1558, when Mung was 45.
Mung is normally kind and friendly, yet he can be harsh when he is repetitively pestered. Despite being married he constantly tries to impress other women, claiming to be a "ladies' man" only for them to reject him or for Truffles to beat him up. Mung usually is intensly proud of his moostache.
While Mung Daal bears a more humane appearance than those of his employees, he has a blue skin tone and an abnormally large nose along with a white mustache (which he takes much pride in). In Mahjongg Night, it is revealed the Mung Daal had a beard prior to the beginning of the series, but it was eventually ripped off during one of Truffles' temper tantrums. While his work uniform is exactly the same as his everyday outfit, he sometimes adorns a chef's hat while in the kitchen. also, in the Christmas speacial, it is shown that he has a tail like Chowders that is solid blue.
- Mung has appeared in every episode of Chowder, except for The Apprentice Scouts.
- However, Mung was absent from many of the End Credit Puppet Scenes.
Despite having no children, Mung Daal has apparently assumed the role of fatherhood, taking care of Chowder and allowing him to live within the catering company.
Their relationship fits the stereotype of elderly couples constantly bickering, usually acting like he hates that he married her, but still loving each other nonetheless.
Schnitzel is a hired helper of the catering company. Schnitzel often complains of the work Mung gives him, with fairness Mung usually gives him the most impossible tasks and takes no heed to how Schnitzel feels about them.
Gazpacho is Mung's friend, and also the supplier of the ingredients he uses for preparing dishes. At times, Mug can get annoyed by Gazpacho.
Ms. Endive is Mung's rival and she constantly tries to meet and surpass his accomplishments (and she normally succeeds in doing so). She is shown to possibly have feelings for Mung.
Like everyone except Endive, Mung likes Todd a lot.
- He is shown to constantly throughout the show boast about his moostache.
- A running gag in the series is Truffles repeatedly ripping off his moostache, yet it miraculously grows back within the same episode (normally in the following scene).
- Another running gag is Truffles bonking him on the head with a frying pan.
- Gorgonzola is shown to be able to make an exact impression as him as shown in The Toots.
- He is named after the Indian dish, Mung Daal.
- C.H. Greenblatt had originally planned on Mung to have an Indian accent to match the dish he is named after's country of origin, however he later decided against it.
- Mung Daal dressed as Michael Jackson in Sheboodles!.
- In Punch Time Explosion, he synergys with Grim.
- When Truffles is playing Mahjong, he knows to stay out of her way.
- Mung often bribes Chowder into doing things as in The Apprentice Games and Sniffleball .
- In Sleep Eater , while Mung was guarding the fridge with Shnitzel from Chowder sleep eating, Mung could not decide if he wanted to have the spoon or the fork, so he kept switching with Shnitzel.
- In The Wrong Address , Mung tells Chowder about following his gut, and when Chowder does so they reach a bad part of town to the house. They went in and the guy said he didnt order anything. When they closed the door a blue purple rat came out, and seemingly threatened, Mung, Chowder, and the dish ran. Mung doubted Chowder and his gut , but at the end of the episode, apparently the rat was the one ordering the food. So technicly Chowder's gut was right. This shows how Mung doubts Chowder. This also happeneed in Burple Nurples when Mung suggested Pickle in a cup, an easy recipie, but Chowder wanted to do Burple Nurples, a very hard non beginer recipe.