Marzipan City is a city where all of Chowder takes place.
The exact population is unclear, but the city is inhabited by strange animals and humanoids. Most of the buildings are influenced by Indian architecture. Marzipan City is based on C.H. Greenblatt's experiences in New York City, and Paris. Marzipan City appears to almost never end, except in the episode 'Burple Nurples'. In the episode, a giant is seen holding up the city, suggesting a city limit. The giant appears to be a spoof of Atlas, a Titan in Greek mythology who holds up the sky.
However in the episode, "Thousand Pound Cake," a giant living in Marzipan City was able to run around the world to the light side of the planet, and the giant was not seen. It is possible that he might be under Earth's surface, in a large pit, and is holding up Marzipan to keep it at the same elevation as the rest of the world.
Kids at The Apprentice Games
Known Buisnesses and Places
- Mung Daal Catering
- Ms. Endive's Cooking
- Gazpacho's Stand
- Tooth Bank
- Tooth Jail
- The Tower o' Power
- Dentist Office
- Marzipan Mall
- Field-Tournament-Style-Up-and-Down-On-the-Ground-Manja-Flanja-Banja-Ishka-Bibble-Babble-Flabble-Doma-Roma-Floma-Boma-Jingle-Jangle-Every-Angle-Bricka-Bracka-Flacka-Stacka-Two-Ton-Rerun-Free-for-All-Big Ball Stadium (demolished)
- Marzipan City Police Department (MCPD)
- Marzipan City Baby Police (Only appears in the episode Panini for President)
- Baby Pound
- Marzipan City Jail
- Some episodes depict Marzipan City as being held aloft by an Atlas-like giant. Others depict is similar to Earth, like a planet.
- It is likely that Marzipan City is divided into many districts, as shown on The Wrong Address and mentioned on Schnitzel Quits, otherwise known as Lasagna Town. Lasagna Town also has its own theme song. There is also a district called Tofu Town, which is a spoof of Kill Bill movies.
- Everyone in Marzipan City loves Burple Nurples.
- All the cars in Marzipan City are snails (Snailcars).
- Like The Simpsons'' Springfield, the city's state, province, and/or country are never really mentioned, altough it could be a country on it's own and Chowder lives there.
- Marzipan City may also have a monarchy or tyranny government because in "The Apprentice Games" they have a queen/mayor, although this could be a gag. Another possibility is that she is queen of the Apprentice Games as opposed to Queen of Marzipan.
- Mung Daal and Truffles are some of Marzipan City's oldest known residents.
- The architecture and design of the city came from a dream American writer Peter Goudanis had one night after having two boxes of truffles chocolate (which also inspired the name for the character).
- Marzipan is a confection consisting primarily of sugar or honey and almond meal, sometimes augmented with almond oil or extract. It is often made into sweets.