A Froggy Apple Crumple Thumpkin is a advanced level dish for a chef. Mung Daal has cooked this dish a lot of times through out his past, From young to old. It takes over 68 steps to make it, and all chefs who do so get tired. The known parts of the recipe are; Stink bombs, with no fruit, juice, and 12 legged cave frogs. On the last step the it is neccesary to beat the Froggy Apple Crumple Thumpkin in a Thumb Wrestle. Chowder beat it by eating the thumb as he was hungry.
The process of making the Froggy Apple Crumple Thumpkin has only been shown in a montage, therefore not every step is shown. The known steps are:
- Step 1. Make several no-fruits into apples by pulling off a leaf and hitting the fruit with a mallet at the appropriate time.
- Step 2. Remove explosive stinksack from a twelve-legged cave frog, then place the frog meat (NOT THE STINKSACK) in the chipper-chopper. In the case where Mung and Chowder cooked it, the stinksack did not explode when Chowder quickly shut the chipper-chopper off, but did when licked, releasing terrible smelling gases.
- Step 3. Pump the gas.
- Step 4. Sneeze on the recipe.
- Step 5. Schnitzel attacked by the creature who attacked him.
- Step 6. Fart on the juice.
- Step 7. Devour and spit the recipe.
- Step 8. Add a certain juice. Mung Daal and Chowder did this by rolling a barrel of the juice down a ramp to collide with Schnitzel, wearing a harness with a pushpin attached, on a trapeze. The pushpin impaled the barrel, allowing the juice to pour out.
- Step 9. Unknown.
- Step 10. When Chowder is chatting with Truffles, Mung takes the recipe to the Farmer's Market, where Shnitzel is. Chowder mixes the recipe, Truffles stares at the recipe and Mung and Shnitzel.
- Step 23. Schnitzel is seen opening a cupboard. All that is known is that the cupboard had sugar and something called Maple Bear Extract. He is attacked by the same creature.
- Step 46. Schnitzel is jumping up and down to power a brick oven, presumably to cook a part of the recipe.
- Step 52. Mung, Chowder, and Schnitzel are sipping juice boxes, until Mung chokes and begins coughing. Besides possibly being a taste test, they had to wait for the recipe to be cooked. It couldn't be a minor break.
- Step 68. Beating the dish ( which turns into a giant hand) at thumb wrestling. Chowder bit its thumb off of it in order to win.
- The food has a strange acronym: F.A.C.T.
- Even though it has no nerves or organs, it can transform into a hand.
- The food gets its name from the fact it involves a frog (12 legs, not 4),Apples (From the No fruit), and it looks all multicolored (Mostly green), hinting it crumbles. Thumpkin sounds like thumb kin refering to the fact that the dish is a giant thumb..
- This was also the first episode of Chowder.
- About everyone's voice was different in this episode.
- Everyone looked different from the other episdes, probably because they were all younger.
- If you noticed in the beginning of the episode, you can see that Gazpacho is wearing purple instead of his usual blue.