Field-Tournament-Style-Up-and-Down-On-The-Ground-Manja-Flanja-Blanja-Banja-Ishka-Bibble-Babble-Flabble-Doma-Roma-Floma-Boma-Jingle-Jangle-Every-Angle-Bricka-Bracka-Flacka-Stacka-Two-Ton-Rerun-Free-for-All-Big-Ball (it is considered bad luck not to say the whole name) is a popular spectator sport in Marzipan City. It was featured primarily in Big Ball.
Winning isn't the point! Only the rules and regulations matter! It's a gentlemen's sport, that's how it is and that's how it always will be. And there's nothing YOU can do about it!
|—Mung Daal, explaining to Truffles why no one is scoring.|
It is not known whether the obstacles shown in the episode are always part of the game or if the defending team chooses what obstacles to use. Because of this, the steps here are listed in order of appearance in the episode.
- The game starts with one player standing on top of the big ball. This player hikes the ball; in other words, they say "hike" and the ball is hit with a giant pool cue, sending it rolling through the course.
- The first obstacle the ball faces is a line of human cannons firing members of the defensive team.
- The ball then goes under four hurdles, which the player on the ball has to jump over.
- The ball has to stop abruptly to let an old lady cross the course.
- A duck then crosses that same crosswalk, and tries eating the player on the ball.
- The head coach of either team can call a time out. After the time out, the ball is hit by a tennis racket to get it back into play.
- Each team has a goal at their respective ends of the course. Getting the ball into the goal scores one point for the opposing team, although neither team is actually trying to get the ball in because neither team is supposed to score (see below).
- Although they are not seen, some of the other obstacles include poison spitting snake pits, poison spitting alligator pits, poison spitting kitten pits, and the "Flumper Bumpers."
- It is apparently a legal move for a player to eat the ball.
- The rules of the game provide for an official tea break time.
- Most importantly, neither team is supposed to score a point. If this happens, the sport is ruined, as a giant turtle monster will rise out of the ground underneath the stadium and throw the stadium into a giant trash can.
- The Marzipan Macadamias and Goulash United are the only teams in the game.
- Goulash United is the first team to have ever won a game of big ball.
- The turtle monster that rises out of the ground resembles Bowser from Super Mario Bros.
- Almost every obstacle that Mung mentioned involves an animal spitting poison.
- When Mung talked to his team about stopping team Goulash, it apparently took him at least a day to say the whole name of the game. Although, this could have been because Marzipan City has constantly changing weather patterns, as shown in Shnitzel and the Lead Farfel.
- In the beginning of the episode, the music is simaliar to NFL's Half-time music.
- The Macadamias look a lot like Mario.
- In this episode, Chowder danced just like Little Miss Sunshine in the Mr. Men Show
- Parts of the full name, Manja and Blanja, are actual Malaysian words for "Whiny" and "Treat."
- This is the longest-named cartoon episode in history.
- This is the episode with the most puns.
- Mung said that it's bad luck not to say the whole name of the game; but in The Chain Recipe, he said there's no such thing as luck. This may imply that The Chain Recipe chronologically takes place sometime before this episode.