Ms. Endive is a master chef and formerly the main antagonist of the series. Panini is her apprentice.
Mung serves as Endive' s rival. She always bests him in everything, and they despise each other. The two chefs are constantly arguing and never get along.
Shnitzel used to think she was disgusting and hard to look at. However, toward the end of the series, he learned to love her and they eventually married.
Panini is Endive's apprentice. Endive hates it when she mentions Chowder and teaches her to strive for perfection. Endive also believes that Panini will be a master chef.
Marmalade is Endive' s loyal assistant/Janitor.
Endive's character stayed constant throughout the initial development. The long nose, which changed from a rectangular shape to a triangle shape for the final version, represents how Endive looks down at other characters. She is described as being much larger than other characters, and it is a running gag in the series that Mung and his friends mock Endive's size, as when Chowder ascends her back using mountaineering gear or both Chowder and Mung take a ride on her massive behind; the universe itself seems to agree with Mung, the very ground shaking under the weight of Endive's footsteps. Her hair is fairly short, is a sickly shade of green, and flips upward at the ends. Her everyday attire is a long-sleeved red dress with a small floral pattern. Her swimwear is normally a leopard-print bikini.
- Endive might have a crush on Mung Daal. In "At Your Service," Endive said,"YOU'RE ALIVE?!"; in "The Apprentice Games," she points out to Mung they're alone together, whereupon he backs away and screams "HELP!"; and in "The Prank," she twice almost says she loves Mung, but is interrupted before she completes her sentence.
- She has had many boyfriends who jumped off of a dead end because because of her crazy, obsessive personality.
- She doesn't take a no for an answer, and subdues the people who say it.
- She treats Panini in a mutual way (like a mom would). She even said it her self that she makes her sick and forces Panini to use her claws to break up Chowder, Mung, Gorganzola, and Stilton's father/son moment.
- She is Frenemies with Truffles.
- Her size increases when she is angry or acting sinister. She also has a really big butt.
- Mung called her a fat cow, for which she angrily yelled at him (probably because it's true).
- She is wasteful and selfish when it comes to letting people use her stuff. For instance, on one extremely hot day, though she only dipped her toe into her pool and immediately came back out, she still wouldn't let Mung swim at all.
- She never interacts with Chowder, saying he is dirty whenever he he tries to. She calls him a small, fat pig-cat-thing.
- Endive's name was Fatanne Elizabeth Endive, but Mung changed it to Vanessa (though he calls her simply "Endive").
- Endive's probably a pastry chef, because she's usually shown to make baked goods.
- It's possible that Mung's older than Endive, considering that on some occasions she calls him "old man." This may be true, because while Mung has white hair, Endive's hair still hasn't lost its color (although she may dye her hair, and she probably wouldn't have a crush on Mung if he were much older than she is).
- Endive lives in a massive mansion with a huge swimming pool.
- She's almost always barefoot.
- Many fans think Mung is Endive's ex-fiancé, because in "Chowder's Girlfriend," it's revealed that Endive's fiancé never showed up on the day of their wedding, thus breaking her heart and causing her trademark intense misandry. However, C.H. Greenblatt at Wondercon 2008 confirmed that Mung's NOT the jerk who ditched Endive on their wedding day.
- In the episode "Panini for President," it's shown that she enjoys being covered in mud.
- In "Shnitzel Quits" throughout some of the episode she has a crush on Shnitzel, just as Panini has a crush on Chowder.
- The episodes "The Heist" and "The Prank" have inspired a confusing question: whom does Endive love? Shnitzel or Mung?
- She likes to eat her toe-jam with a fork, but then she starts eating it with a spoon, as was revealed in "Endive's Dirty Secret."
- Endive might have lifted Lead Farfel, as seen in "Shnitzel And The Lead Farfel," because if one looks closely, the letters "Endi..." (possibly for "Endive") can be seen on one of the lines.
- She's usually seen with razor sharp teeth.
- In "The Birthday Suits," Endive's seen in her underwear.
- Endive married Shnitzel in "Chowder Grows Up."
- She's named "Endive" after a type of lettuce which has pointed leaves.
- Panini normally calls her "Ms. Endive," although Endive and Panini seem to have a mother/daughter type of relationship, similar to how Mung and his wife, Truffles, act as parents to Chowder.
- Endive is the main antagonist of the series
- Endive has a swimming pool.
- In Japanese, Endive and Gorgonzola are both voiced by Hikari Yono. Hikari Yono was also the voice of Pud'n' and Irwin on The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, a fellow Cartoon Network program.