| Season 1, Episode 1b|
|Airdate:||November 2, 2007|
|Story:|| C.H. Greenblatt
"The Froggy Apple Crumple Thumpkin"
Chowder and Mung go to the farmers market and see Gazpacho. Gazpacho shows Mung a new product he just recieved: grabbles; small green apple-like fruits that grap onto things and refuse to let go untill they are ripe. (the grabbles stay latched onto Mung for the rest of the episode) Suddenly the sun is blocked out by the huge, intimidating figure of Mung's arc-nemeses Miss Endive with her apprentice Panini. As Endive and Mung argue about what make grabbles taste good, Panini shows an attraction towards Chowder. She gives him a heart-shaped cookie and a juice box, and immediately annouces that he and she are boyfreind and girlfriend and are destined to be together forever. This shocking development causes Chowder to spit-take all the way home (and the rest of the day!).
Chowder's mind is not on his work the next day as he tries to help Mung make balloon-animal cookies but pumps the batter up too much and causes it to explode. He asks Mung for advice and he replies that he should tell her he doesn't feel the same way but to let her down gently. Meanwhile, at Endive's catering company, Panini mentions that her mind is on a boy, prompting Endive to violently forbid her from consorting with boys. She goes on to describe what may have been her own experiences with love and rejection. Chowder arrives and begins a series of attempts to convince Panini that he isn't interested, only for every one to fail. Chowder's final attempt involves a stage show with Schnitzel playing Panini and Paté singing a song entitled "Im Not Your Boyfriend!" and a finale of fireworks. It all ends with the King of the Sky getting hit with a firework, getting angry, and blowing up the stage. Panini ends up loving it and kisses Chowder on the cheek.
The next day Gazpacho, while singing "I'm Not Your Boyfriend", finds Chowder trying to wash off Panini's kiss in his pickle barrel. Gazpacho tells Chowder that, now that Panini has kissed him, he must "make an honest woman out of her" and marry her or her reputation will be ruined. Chowder gives Mung and order for a wedding cake. Once the cake is finished, the grabbles ripen and start to eat it. Chowder tries to rush it to Panini's house before it's all gone. He arrives at the door wearing a tux and holding what remains of the ruined cake. Panini denies getting married, saying that she "needs her space" and the two can still be friends. A relieved Chowder goes home singing "Im Not Your Boyfriend".
Fourth Wall Breaks
- Upon hearing that the wedding cake will take a very long time to prepare, Chowder jumps out of the scene and spins it to the next scene where the cake is finished.
- Chowder: (rings Panini's doorbell)
Panini: (opens door and smiles) Hello again, Chowder.
Chowder: (in an accent with a fake moustache on): Um, hello, Panini. I have a message for you from Chowder. Who I am not.
Panini: (smiling): Uh-huh.
Chowder: Chowder has moved far away and can not be your boyfriend.
Panini: Where did he move to?
Chowder: Uh, down the street, to the next city...
Chowder: ......He's dead. Chowder is dead.
Panini: (holds out cookie) Want a cookie, Chowder?
Chowder: (in regular voice) Would I! (takes cookie) (frowns) Aw, man!
- When Chowder is running down the street with the cake type thing, Chowder's eyes' colors are opposite.
- In one frame of the scene with the monster from the previous episode, Panini's arms disappear.
- The monster from the previous episode appears again.
- In some countries where Cartoon Network broadcasts in, Chowder's Girlfriend was appointed as the 4th episode because Panini did not appear in The Thrice Cream Man and Flibber Flabber Diet.
- Kevin Micheal Richardson, who voiced Shnitzel in the pilot, was replaced by John DiMaggio from this episode-onward.
- Truffes is shown twice in this episode, but doesn't have any lines.
- Pate moonwalks across a stage.