|Age|| 12 (Child)|
Robot ("Endive's Dirty Secret")
|Introduced in||"The Froggy Apple Crumple Thumpkin"|
|Latest appearance||"Chowder Grows Up"|
|Voiced by|| Nicky Jones (child/normal)|
C.H. Greenblatt (adult)
Chowder (Dumpcat in spinoff) is the main character and protagonist of Chowder. He is an apprentice under the learning of Mung Daal. He was his apprentice until the series finale where he took over the catering company. He was the main antagonist of The Dice Cycle making Ceviche the main protagonist of the episode
Chowder is what the people call a purple cat/bear/rabbit/hippo (In Endive's Dirty Secret Mung said he is a robot). He has a pink nose with a tail like a raccoon's. He has a purple hat with two points and has a purple and fuchsia/magenta shirt that covers his legs. He wears purple shoes and at times has pants on. When he removes his hat, he has two shorter ears like a rabbit's. He has a prominant fang on his upper jaw that can be seen even when his mouth is closed. Due to his appetite, he is quite a bit on the heavy side and doesn't do well with sports or physical activity in general.
Chowder has the personality of a sweet, innocent, impulsive and friendly child who has a passion for being in the kitchen. There have been times when he has a darker personality and will go berserk if he does not have food in a limit of time (one minute). He is very loyal to Mung and has called him Papa showing he thinks him as a father figure, and like the others, is usually scared of Truffles.
- Chowder is the main character of the show and has made an appearance in every single episode of the series.
- However, in many of the end credit puppet scenes, he does not make an appearance.
- Chowder's voice actor is Nicky Jones in the series, but in Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion, it is Tara Strong.
- When he grows up he takes over the catering company, married Panini and taught his apprentice Scraps.
- He is named after a special soup.
- Chowder's relatives have never been shown though he does address Mung as "papa."
- The longest period of time he can go without eating is two hours.
- He has broken the fourth wall more than any other character.
- He is shown to eat about anything.
- The only time he was bothered being in a cartoon was in Brain Grub.
- The voice actor of Chowder is the voice actor for Gumball in the Pilot episode of The Amazing World of Gumball.
- Chowder models also avalible on Steam Community, for Garry's Mod (Gmod)
- According to a writer on Twitter, he will be renamed Dumpcat in the possible spinoff in 2014 or 2015 called "Turtle Scraps" and will be voiced by Will Forte instead of Nicky Jones or CH Greenblatt.
- He appears similar to the Pokemon Munchlax Who is similar both visually and characteristic wise.