"Burple Nurples" is the third episode of the first season of Chowder and the third episode overall. It aired November 2, 2007.
Panini has set up her own stand outside of Endive's shop. While rolling a giant Wawamelon, Chowder stops by and is slightly jealous as Mung never lets him do anything like this on his own. Back at Mung's kitchen Chowder asks if he can cook a dish by himself also. Mung is hesitant, as he doesn't believe Chowder is quite ready. After some convincing, Mung offers to let him to make a pickle in a cup, a recipe that is just what it sounds like. Chowder, wanting something more challenging, ask Mung what his first recipe was. As Mung's first recipe was "Pickle in a Cup" Chowder asks what was after that. Mung answers that his second recipe was "Burple Nurples" and Chowder decides that this is the dish that he will make.
While cooking his dish, Chowder accidentally mistakes rat poison for a spice. Mung tries to warn Chowder of what he is doing but Chowder either ignores him or cries that Mung doesn't trust him as a chef. When the nurples are done, Chowder tries to taste one but Mung manages to knock it out of his hand, killing a houseplant in the process. He sends Chowder out to sell the nurples, wondering why he ever put that poison in the spice cabinet in the first place. He is reminded of why when a rat bigger that he is walks through the kitchen. Chowder sets up his nurple stand and Mung, in disguise, uses all the money he has to buy them all but Chowder reveals that he has another five dozen. Mung gets Truffles to give him all the cash that the catering company has for a Chowder-related emergency. Gorgonzola arrives and buys one, just to prove how disgusting they are. Mung, in another disguise, tries to by it from Gorgonzola. Using every last cent the company has, Mung is eventually able to buy up all of the nurples, only for Chowder to bring out more. Mung finally steals the rest runs for it with Chowder right behind him. Eventually, he comes to the foot of the volcanic Mt. Fondoom and decides that he must throw the nurples into the fire. He runs up the mountain and throws the nurples in causing it to erupt with cheese sauce. He reveals to Chowder that he is proud of him even though Chowder's nurples were lethal. As they go home Mung ask Chowder if he could lend him some money for the next month but Chowder refuses.
Chowder: "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..." Mung: "You can stop now." Chowder: "I wish I could but I'm stuckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
Mung: "Woman I need all the cash we got, right now, don't ask questions!!" Truffles: "I have one." Mung: "Yes, it's Chowder-related." Truffles: "Okay."
- Kiwi, the pink stop-motion monster, and Hunk, the deity that holds up Marzipan City, make their first appearances in this episode.
- When this episode aired in the UK, the scene where Chowder shows his tummy was cut, possibly to discourage child obesity.
- The episode was originally titled "The Burple Nurple Stand". DirecTV still bills it as "The Burple Nurple Stand".
- Mt. Fondoom is a parody of Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings.
- The song playing while they are near Mount Fondoom is almost exactly the same as the Lord of the Rings theme.
- It is revealed Marzipan City is held by a giant known as Hunk.
- ↑ "Chowder. S1 E1: The Burple Nurple Stand; Schnitzel Makes a Deposit", DirecTV. Archived from the original on 30 September 2017. Retrieved 30 September 2017.