|Simple as a pickle in a cup.|
|This article is a stub, maybe even simpler than a pickle in a cup. You can help by expanding it!|
Mung thinks Chowder needs something to make him not so scatterbrained so he makes some Brain Grub. At first it goes well, then he became too smart and notices the fourth wall. He turned the show into Cooking Talk with Chowder, a boring intellectual show where Ms. Endive and Panini sing soft rock, Gazpacho is an accountant, and Kiwi sells used cars.
- In "The Hot Date," when being interrogated, Chowder mentions the events of this episode during one of many confessions.
Breaking down the fourth wall
- The largest and most notable fourth wall breakage in this episode was when Chowder grew so smart from the brain grub he had consumed that he realized that he, and everyone else, were in a television show. He then proceeded to turn it into a boring, educational cooking show.
- The other instances include:
- At some point in the episode, Mung states that an order is going to take a while and Truffles responds with "We've only got 11 minutes." This references the runtime of an average Chowder episode.
- After transforming the show, Mung tells Chowder that he's making the audience cry.
- ↑ "I was rewatching some old Chowder episodes and the episode "Brain Grub" came on. I gotta ask, who is that crying that Mung points to when he tells Chowder he made the viewers cry.", Nerd Armada, Tumblr. Retrieved October 31, 2017.